Friday, 7 February 2014

MUSIC MAGAZINE PROJECT

MAGAZINE PLANNING


After going back to my intended audience for the magazine and asking them on which title they preferred for the magazine between,
  • URBAN REVIVE- which I combined two of my first options together: URBAN & REVIVE
  • FUSE

  • They still went along with Fuse which got the highest votes, however, I felt the title, FUSE for a music magazine was such a cliché, so after giving it some thought and few suggestions, I came up with the title, 808 which derives from, The Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer (a.k.a. the "808") which was one of the first programmable drum machines, so the 808 is one of the first beat machines, and is definitely a different name for a music magazine than what we usually hear of.

    Beyonce, The Gentlewoman magazine cover
     
    The new title, 808, further brought up the idea for a new layout of the magazine, I decided to go for something different, more stylish and unconventional to what most music magazines look like, especially, Hip-Hop and R&B magazines. My new magazine inspiration would be the gentlewoman magazine which is really unique from other magazines as they are known to keep to black and white images with a subtle colour pallete, they keep their magazine simple but yet  really stylish and unique, which is what makes them different and attractive to the eye.

    So for my music magazine, I would be going for this stylish and unique look, but so as to add the essence of Hip-Hop and R&B I would be including a golden frame as the border of the magazine, similar to this Hip-Hop magazine.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment