Question 5: How did you attract/address your audience?
I created a prezi presentation to answer this question:
The titles were made to be simple so as to contrast well with the gold frame and to blend in with the image of my models which I made sure were dressed formally so as to show power, and that rappers could also be entrepreneurs. My motto "BACK TO THE ROOTS" is to represent the fact that my magazine is sticking to the originality of music, especially Hip Hop and R&B music, rather than doing what everyone does which is one of the reasons my magazine can be said to be unconventional, I wanted it to be different from any other music magazine out there, stand out for itself, respected for its originality, subtle, but yet stylish and attractive to look at. I placed "Watch The Throne" on the front cover of my magazine as it is to attract my target audience who all know about the album and tour which was rated No.1 on the Billboard charts previously, I used "The Kings Are Back" so as to attract my target audience into buying the magazine as they would want to find out more information on whether my artists are planning out a new album.
My contents page for my music magazine was created to be simple and subtle with just one image, my magazine inspirations were-RESPECT, VIBE, THE SOURCE, the gentlewoman & ELEPHANT Magazine.
The features on my contents page were designed to attract my audience-the subtle, unique, stylish and originality, the male and female are both catered for with my magazine:sports, fashion, music, artists of interest, style, lifestyle, business, etc.
I chose a simple, bold, sans serif font so as to match with the style which I was aiming for, the text were placed differently in some situations, like with my magazine title which was right-aligned, also the magazine's slogan/motto "BACK TO THE ROOTS" was placed in my magazine title so as to make interesting, different,and quite contemporary.

As I stated earlier, I went for a more narrative interview so as to not lose my audience interest, and for them to be able to relate with the artists, this was inspired by THE SOURCE magazine-their interview with the artist Big Sean.




No comments:
Post a Comment