Monday, 31 March 2014

PROGRESS

The on-going process of completing my music magazine

shiekh-shoes-the-source-magazine-big-sean-power-30-2This post is going to be showing the process in which I had to take in completing my final magazine products-the contents page, and double page spread interview. Just as my front page is subtle, I carried this style through my contents page and double page spread, I used the THE SOURCE magazine as my inspiration for them.


While editing my contents page, I decided to delete the images I used on the first page and kept only one image, I also made the text-THE SCHEDULE much bigger like that of THE SOURCE magazine, I also change the text layout, alignment, and colours here and there. Here is a screenshot I took of my process in creating the contents page
For my double page spread, I started by photroshopping the images which I was going to use for the page, I used various tools like, adjusting levels-for colours & curves-for highlights & shadows, hue & saturation, clone tool, brush tool and the spot healing tool. Here is a screen-shot of the process:

I had a change of mind and decided to select another picture for the double page spread, I also photoshopped them and further placed them on an A3 canvas in photoshop-the space left here is where the text would be inserted.

I started by typing in the tagline from the interview with the artist and selected a different font then made them bold so that they could stand out from the rest of the text. 

I got this idea from THE SOURCE magazine-their interview with the artist Big Sean.








I added the bold letter later on for the start of the interview just like that of THE SOURCE magazine and I started typing in the main text. I moved the text around so it could fit in with the image and other text on the page.
Here I had finished typing in the text for the double page spread artist interview
After doing this, I had to justify, move, delete, and add text to the page so as to make it look well organised with a good layout, furthermore, I changed the colour for the page number to match that of the content page. I also added who the pictured was taken by and who made the story.
These are the main steps I had to take in creating my final content and double page spread.


No comments:

Post a Comment